• What is new?

Don't forget to log on to: Purple Mash, Britannica and Read for your school! Remember to visit the reading blog too!

If you quieten your mind, the symphony will start. This means: if you concentrate, all the 'good' things will happen!

PE Wednesdays

The Watercycle - evaporation [sun heats up water and it turns into a gas]-condensation [the droplets, which is a gas, cools down, clouds are formed]-precipitation [rain, hail, snow, sleet]-run-off [rivers, underground water]- collection [water gathers in the oceans] and the process starts again!

Read something every day!

• Hello and welcome!

Your life will never improve unless you start making daily improvements. - Lewis Howes

Ubuntu is an Ancient African word which means: 'I am', because 'we are' - which means - working together.

Queen Nefertiti wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten during the 14th century B.C.
    Hello and Welcome to your Y4 blog- previously the Y5V blog. The name 'Ubuntu' means also to help one another and work together, have compassion and humility - all linking to our 5 school values!

Queen Cleopatra 69 BC
    Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Always 'try!'
    A person who walks in another’s tracks leaves no footprints. So, do not copy other people, think outside the box and do what you need or want to do. Don't be a follower - be a leader.
    The minute you start talking about what you’re going to do if you lose, you have lost.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    The world is divided into people who do things – and people who get the credit.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Keep on dreaming, it's something good!
    Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you can fly. So, start doing! You'll be amazed by what you will achieve!

Our values: Truth, Compassion, Contentment, Humility and Love   

Our  ‘learning to learn’ skills are:
    Confidence to give everything a go, Persistence, Asking questions, Making links with prior learning, Sharing ideas and forming your own opinions, Creative problem-solving, Thinking things through – planning ahead

Our shared values in Y4: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do and say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and do our work thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

Our Class blog: 2011_12 was shortlisted for the Educational Class Blog Award! Click the image to see we ended up in position nr 10! http://y5atschool.edublogs.org/
    We like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it.

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• Thank you for your visit

• Archives

• Be Awesome!

Eye of Horus - Wedjat eye

• We like to learn new things!

All the trouble I had going on this blog

shout

Hey everyone! I had allot of trouble going on this blog I even asked my genius brother to help me go on but he could not do it then I just clicked a button then it came up then it came up so I typed this up and I had a little look around the blog it is amazing. After that, I went shopping with my mum to buy some school snacks and lots more. As soon as I came back, I lost the sheet with my log-in details. I went on the blog and tried my log-in and it did not work I tried so hard, I took nearly the whole night  to try to log in. Then I  went on the chat page to ask miss Van. At school, during lunch, I asked miss Van and miss Van gave me another sheet, well not a sheet really, but I copied my details off on a piece of paper. We then had art. When I got home, as soon as I came from school, I changed my clothes and I quickly tried to log in. It did not work the first time and I did it the second time. Then it worked! I was shouting in the room all day, yes!! yes!! yes!!! and then my brother got tired of hearing that, cause he was doing his test and he shouted at me. He looked very funny. 

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger