• What is new?

Don't forget to log on to: Purple Mash, Britannica and Read for your school! Remember to visit the reading blog too!

If you quieten your mind, the symphony will start. This means: if you concentrate, all the 'good' things will happen!

PE Wednesdays

The Watercycle - evaporation [sun heats up water and it turns into a gas]-condensation [the droplets, which is a gas, cools down, clouds are formed]-precipitation [rain, hail, snow, sleet]-run-off [rivers, underground water]- collection [water gathers in the oceans] and the process starts again!

Read something every day!

• Hello and welcome!

Your life will never improve unless you start making daily improvements. - Lewis Howes

Ubuntu is an Ancient African word which means: 'I am', because 'we are' - which means - working together.

Queen Nefertiti wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten during the 14th century B.C.
    Hello and Welcome to your Y4 blog- previously the Y5V blog. The name 'Ubuntu' means also to help one another and work together, have compassion and humility - all linking to our 5 school values!

Queen Cleopatra 69 BC
    Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Always 'try!'
    A person who walks in another’s tracks leaves no footprints. So, do not copy other people, think outside the box and do what you need or want to do. Don't be a follower - be a leader.
    The minute you start talking about what you’re going to do if you lose, you have lost.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    The world is divided into people who do things – and people who get the credit.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Keep on dreaming, it's something good!
    Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you can fly. So, start doing! You'll be amazed by what you will achieve!

Our values: Truth, Compassion, Contentment, Humility and Love   

Our  ‘learning to learn’ skills are:
    Confidence to give everything a go, Persistence, Asking questions, Making links with prior learning, Sharing ideas and forming your own opinions, Creative problem-solving, Thinking things through – planning ahead

Our shared values in Y4: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do and say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and do our work thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

Our Class blog: 2011_12 was shortlisted for the Educational Class Blog Award! Click the image to see we ended up in position nr 10! http://y5atschool.edublogs.org/
    We like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it.

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• Thank you for your visit

• Archives

• Be Awesome!

Eye of Horus - Wedjat eye

• We like to learn new things!

A friend like you

friend-like-you

A friend like you is like no other friend

A friend like you is a friend I don’t regret meeting 

A friend like you is like a friend I can scream at or fight with

A friend like you is like having no worries in my life

A friend like you is a friend that I dont want to lose

A friend like you is like being in comfort all day

A friend like you is a friend Ialways wanted

A friend like you is awesomly awesome

A friend like you is random and funny

A friend like you is a friend that I love to death and i will never let go

A friend like you is a friend I can tell all my secrets to

A friend like you is like the little sister I’ve always wanted

A friend that I can go to to tell them whats wrong

A friend like you is like having no dark days because you brighten them up

A friend like you is a type of friend that laughs at dumb things I say or do

A friend like you is a friend I am proud to call my best friend

by: Shubham Kumar

xxxSaynaxxx #friendly

3 Responses to “A friend like you”

1. this is what you call a true friend

2. I have no words for this poem this is so nice……….

3. Hi Sayna, a lovely poem about friends, thank you.

Copyright ©      Provided by PrimaryBlogger    Designed by WPDesigner    Hosted by PrimaryBlogger