• What is new?

Don't forget to log on to: Purple Mash, Britannica and Read for your school! Remember to visit the reading blog too!

If you quieten your mind, the symphony will start. This means: if you concentrate, all the 'good' things will happen!

PE Wednesdays

The Watercycle - evaporation [sun heats up water and it turns into a gas]-condensation [the droplets, which is a gas, cools down, clouds are formed]-precipitation [rain, hail, snow, sleet]-run-off [rivers, underground water]- collection [water gathers in the oceans] and the process starts again!

Read something every day!

• Hello and welcome!

Your life will never improve unless you start making daily improvements. - Lewis Howes

Ubuntu is an Ancient African word which means: 'I am', because 'we are' - which means - working together.

Queen Nefertiti wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten during the 14th century B.C.
    Hello and Welcome to your Y4 blog- previously the Y5V blog. The name 'Ubuntu' means also to help one another and work together, have compassion and humility - all linking to our 5 school values!

Queen Cleopatra 69 BC
    Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Always 'try!'
    A person who walks in another’s tracks leaves no footprints. So, do not copy other people, think outside the box and do what you need or want to do. Don't be a follower - be a leader.
    The minute you start talking about what you’re going to do if you lose, you have lost.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    The world is divided into people who do things – and people who get the credit.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Keep on dreaming, it's something good!
    Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you can fly. So, start doing! You'll be amazed by what you will achieve!

Our values: Truth, Compassion, Contentment, Humility and Love   

Our  ‘learning to learn’ skills are:
    Confidence to give everything a go, Persistence, Asking questions, Making links with prior learning, Sharing ideas and forming your own opinions, Creative problem-solving, Thinking things through – planning ahead

Our shared values in Y4: To care for myself and others by making sure we are all safe and happy. To be honest in all we do and say. We always work hard and try our best. We listen carefully and do our work thoroughly. We make sure we are always giving our best, so everyone else can be the best that they can be. We look after our property.
    We like to be 'leaders' and not 'followers' We always choose the 'good' light inside of us. We make the right choices at the right time.

Anyone can train hard for a short period. Winners give their best every hour of every day for months on end.

Our Class blog: 2011_12 was shortlisted for the Educational Class Blog Award! Click the image to see we ended up in position nr 10! http://y5atschool.edublogs.org/
    We like to stop and think - before we do or speak.

'Give children a thought and they’ll learn for a day. Teach them to think and they’ll learn for a lifetime.’David Hyerle
    If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.- William Arthur Ward
    You cannot write it, if you cannot say it; you cannot say it, if you haven't heard it.

We love to share our way of thinking, it does help us in our learning!

• Thank you for your visit

• Archives

• Be Awesome!

Eye of Horus - Wedjat eye

• We like to learn new things!

Homework

homework-1

welcome4_

Welcome to Y4! Sometimes your homework will appear on this page – most of the time you will get it in your homework book. Always make sure that you complete all homework we set, as it links to what we teach in class.

Please read the following rules – taken off from the school’s website. For water: You need to have a CLEAR bottle – please note that no coloured bottles will be allowed in class for water. Also, make sure all your clothes and bags are marked clearly.

schoolrules

Our PE with Mr Bath is now on WEDNESDAYS our Library day is on Tuesdays. Stage books will now get changed by yourself. Remember to check with Mrs Van as soon as you’ve read all the books in one stage, so she can tick them in the folder and sign your book with the new stage.

homework_etc

[gview file=”http://ubuntu.primaryblogger.co.uk/files/2012/07/Slough-Project.pdf”]

dividerbunting2

33 Responses to “Homework”

1. Hey Mrs Van you know the challenge for the maths homework on perimeter can you help on how to do it I forgot :]

2. Mrs V i cant give my h/w in this week cos on the weekend I went to my nans house and i forgot my h/w book there and i wont have time this week to get it soo i just wanted to tell u about it so u wont worry

3. Mrs v i never got the maths H/W.

• Subam, I handed it out to everybody and I did ask if I missed somebody, why did you not ask me then? I think you got it and didn’t take it, as I said not to stick it in. You can take it again on Monday in the homework tray and complete it on Monday.

4. 1) Where was the Village, where Prince Llewellyn lived? The Village where Prince Llewellyn lived was in North Wales.

2) Why did prince Llewellyn leave Gelert his dog, with his baby son? Llewellyn left Gelert his dog, with his baby son because he had to go hunting.

3) How did Gelert kill the wolf? Gelert drove his opponent to the opposite corner and sank his teeth into the wolf’s throat.

4) What did the prince do when he returned? He drew his sword and in a movement of blind fury he plunged it into the heart of his faithful hound thinking Gelert had killed the baby.

5) What is the village called and what is written on the tombstone, where Gelert is buried? The village where Gelert is buried is called Bedd Gelert and there is a message on the tombstone saying: To the memory of a brave dog.

5. the points I have got is Manyara giving us the watermelon, not shouting that she was going to do chores, kind to prince

• and the sweet potato, friendly to the boy/lady in forest, but they were not to her – prince who transformed himself into a 5-headed snake in front of her [not kind of him] but to Nyasha just a normal snake.

She also worked hard, whereas Nyasha only pretended to work hard when her dad was in the vicinity. [near her/in the area].

6. Mrs Van I am stuck on the spider gram for manyara being kind I need some points

• Hi Sian, think of the visit – what she said:
      Nyasha always announced when she went to the garden, but Manyara not – she was just going quietly to the garden to do her own chores there, without telling it to anyone – think about the questions we asked her and what she said – you can put in some of your own ideas as well.

• hi Sian, see the Chat page for a guinea pig photo 🙂

7. Mrs Van you were right she is funny like me which made me laugh 😀

8. Hope you have a wonderful evening Mrs Van!!

9. Thank you Mrs van. Also the story about Manyara I watched all ready and so I’m doing the literacy homework now. Sorry if I disturbed you but it would be nice for the children in the class

• hi Sian, you didn’t disturb me at all, I was just tell you what I was busy doing 🙂 Glad to know you’ve done your homework, that is how it should be, now you can relax and enjoy your guinea pigs for the rest of the weekend. 🙂 I just regret it that we gave our guinea pigs to some other man, I could have given them to you, they were sooooooooo sooo very cute.

• I will upload a guinea pig photo [of the ones we had] on the chat page later tonight, just for you. 🙂

10. Hi mrs van I cant seem to find the manyara story for homework

• Hi Sian, I’m still at school, didn’t have time to put it up on the h/w page, busy with a display in the corridor 🙂 but will upload the link, hang on there! = give me 10 min to do it. 🙂

• Hi Sian
      This is done now. Don’t feel offended, but I think the girl reading this book is just as funny as you are.x 🙂

11. mIss V it the literacy + spelling homework

12. mrs i will come lunch tom

• Hi Jagjit
      To do what? 🙂 Your homework is to write YOUR OWN DREAM. Think about something. READ the example I gave you. Read the other examples here on the blog – in the file. Think up your OWN ideas. ANY DREAM WILL DO. This is about MAKING THINGS UP.

13. I need the homework for tomorrow

14. Hi Jagjit, the Alan Peat homework is stuck into your book, but you can use the ‘Reading and Writing’ page for more help – the same as in the front of your book. You have only FIVE sentences to write, the same way you’ve done the previous week’s homework. This time you pick your own 5.

15. miss i dont know where alan peat homework is on the blog

16. miss van i don’t understand the literacy homework that u gave up about Jim

• Hi Riadeep, Ask Navii to help you. She can read it and I promise you she’s very helpful. If you still don’t understand, come back and tell me – let Navii come and tell me here. 🙂